VP, Resident and Family Experience
peopleCare Communities is a leading operator of Senior Living Communities in South Western Ontario. Three generations have honoured a philosophy of care and a passion for service. This continues today by embracing new and best practices in senior living with the commitment to make each peopleCare residence a place where seniors are treated with dignity and respect.
peopleCare continues to be recognized for its innovation, efficiency and productivity as exemplified by the Accreditation Canada Exemplary Status; Canada’s Best Managed Companies; Most Engaged Workplaces Award (North America) and the Innovation Award research grant from the Health Technology Fund.
About the Role;
Vice President, Resident & Family Experience (Chief Nursing Executive) will strategically dedicate leadership resources to further elevate our culture of resident and family centered care and service excellence as we aspire to change the world of senior living by ensuring that the organization living out its mission, vision and values results in a resident-centred experience across all of peopleCare Communities service environments inclusive of independent/Retirement Living, Assisted Living, Long Term Care communities.
This newly created role will collaborate with our home leadership teams in leveraging best practices and developing innovative new ways to improve the care experience while supporting our teams with the following responsibilities: resident satisfaction and complaints; compliance and regulatory commitments; clinical and professional practice; and implementing new care and service partnerships with system stakeholders.
The Vice President, Resident and Family Experience is also responsible to ensure that programs uphold the residents’ right to autonomy, choice, dignity and respect while meeting the required standards and contract obligations and market/industry conditions.
• Participate on the people Care executive team, and in the development and implementation of the Strategic Plan and Direction;
• Develop, support and monitor implementation plans supporting the Strategic plan as they pertain to the clinical priorities of the organization
•• Provide leadership to all aspects of service delivery focusing on aligning service capacities to contract and legislative obligations for the optimal resident results;
• Lead teams through a “servant leadership” approach that models the organizations’ values and their associated behaviours; mentor leaders to build an empowered and engaged workforce
• Ensure the organization is in position to achieve Accreditation with exemplary status
• Model critical thinking skills, problem-solving behaviours, advocacy and a “can do” mentality to quality service
• Provide educational opportunities for all departments of peopleCare communities to incorporate resident-centred philosophy in their day-to-day operations
• Develop and maintain relationships with community partners that are characterized by shared responsibility and success, open communication and transparency, and collaboration and advocate for the timely resolution of service delivery issues that impact
• Collaborate on the development and implementation and maintain a fully resident-centred quality management system, inclusive of performance measures
• Instill innovation and creative thinking and behaviour at all levels of the organization to constantly seek ways to improve services and to challenge the status quo
• Provide leadership to environmental scanning and trending initiatives; and develop entrepreneurial capacities within the leadership team to create value-added opportunities for residents and steward the distribution of resources to ensure maximum benef
• Serve as the Executive Sponsor for specific projects and initiatives as assigned by the President
• Bachelor’s Degree, nursing (RN)
• Master’s Degree, healthcare field
• Registered Nurse
• 10 years of leadership/management experience at the executive level and with key functions that will fall within the Vice President, Resident Experience responsibilities required
• Demonstrated experience in setting and achieving long range strategic directions, managing vision & purpose, identifying emerging trends, managing and guiding
• Strong customer focus, commitment to continuous quality improvement and results-oriented management style
• Proven analytical, conflict resolution, and negotiation skills with the ability to operate at a strategic level to develop and achieve shared goals and organizational objectives
• Superior communication and interpersonal skills with a strong customer focus