Director of Programs – Oakcrossing LTC
Director of Programs
peopleCare was honoured as one of Canada’s 50 most engaged employers four years in a row. We are a growing family-based organization in long-term care. We strive to exceed expectations. Our staff are engaged and enthusiastic about providing excellent care to our residents. We are constantly evolving, and encourage out-of-the box thinking and ideas. We are looking for talented people who embrace change with a positive attitude. Offering great wellness and recognition programs is important to us.
These are exciting times at peopleCare, and we are growing exponentially as we expand our horizons, and continue to open up a new world of opportunities to honour our mission to change the world of Senior Living!We are looking for your talents and ideas. If you enjoy challenges, strive to increase efficiency, and enjoy working with people – then apply to the great leadership opportunity below!
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Assist with the development of specific policies and procedures for both the facility and the department related to life enrichment requirements
- Plans, organizes and directs the implementation of the life enrichment programs within the home.
- Works cooperatively with staff, students, other departments, volunteers and families to meet resident and family needs.
- Ensures Resident’s Council / Family Council activities are facilitated in accordance with legislative requirements and within home.
- Coordinates and evaluates all the support services within the home
- Coordinates the volunteer program for the facility, including recruiting and orienting volunteers for the home.
- Maintains all required records, reports, statistics in accordance with policies and procedures and legislative requirements and utilizes these reports for planning purposes in connection with the Executive Director.
- Communicates departmental activities to residents, staff, families and the community to encourage participation in programs to support health and wellness within the home.
- Reviews and updates assessments and programs regularly in connection with the Director of Care to ensure care plans are accurate.
- Assisting in linking residents and family with resources and services both within the Long-Term Care and community.
- Ensuring that all required programs and therapy committees are functioning within their terms of reference and areas of responsibility.
- Participating in the recruitment, health and safety committee /orientation, performance management, training, education and related functions of the Long-Term Care Community for respective department team members
- Assessing of individual resident activity and leisure requirements, interests and abilities in order to identify needs, develops appropriate support to optimize resident involvement, and introduces new and/or modified activities, programs, services
- Managing, planning, and evaluating a wide range of services and activities to meet the needs of the resident in accordance with quality management, legislative requirements and organization standards
- Participate in the admission process, and the Care Conferences with Families
- Planning, coordinating, directing and monitoring the effectiveness of all operational activities within the programs, wellness and recreation departments.
- A post-secondary diploma or degree in recreation and leisure studies, therapeutic recreation, kinesiology or other related field from a community college or university
- At least 1-year experience in a health care setting (preferably in long term care)
- 3-5 years’ experience in Long Term Care with specialized knowledge of Gerontology.
- Minimum 3 years’ equivalent experience in management, program planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Current Standard and/or Emergency First Aid and CPR Certification.