AR Goudie – Personal Support Worker
peopleCare was honored as one of Canada’s 50 most engaged employers four years in a row. We are a growing family-based organization in long-term care. We strive to exceed expectations. Our staff is engaged and enthusiastic about providing excellent care to our residents. We are constantly evolving and encourage out-of-the-box thinking and ideas. We are looking for talented people who embrace change with a positive attitude. Offering great wellness and recognition programs is important to us.
We are looking for your talents and ideas. If you enjoy challenges, strive to increase efficiency, and enjoy working with people – we want you!
About the Position
As a member of the peopleCare AR Goudie nursing team, this position works under the direction of the Director of Resident Care while providing nursing and personal care to residents. In performing these duties, the individual assumes the duties of charge nurse. The position complies with all Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care legislative standards, company policies/procedures and rules/regulations in a professional manner.
• Adhere to established department policies and procedures regarding quality assurance, safety, environment, and infection control.
• Document resident care activities in accordance with the home’s policy using software such as PCC.
• Participate in resident care conferences and committees as required.
• Assist with meal service to residents and provides feeding assistance as required.
• Assist with admission, discharge, and transfer of residents.
• Assist in providing restorative care for residents, assist with ambulation, nutritional needs, and palliative care.
• Assist in the maintenance of a clean, safe environment.
• Under the direction of the registered nursing staff, provides personal care to promote the comfort and safety of residents.
• Successfully completed a Personal Support Worker program that meets the requirements of Long-Term Care Health Act
• High School Diploma (or equivalent)
• Food Handler certification (a plus)
• First Aid certification (a plus)
• Shows empathy under all circumstances
• Performs well under stress
• Good physical strength
• Excellent communication skills
• Control emotions effectively
Part Time positions available
peopleCare, welcomes and encourages applications from candidates with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.