Assistant Director of Care – Oakcrossing Long Term Care
peopleCare was honoured as one of Canada’s 50 most engaged employers four years in a row. We are a growing family-based organization in long-term care. We strive to exceed expectations. Our staff are engaged and enthusiastic about providing excellent care to our residents. We are constantly evolving and encourage out-of-the box thinking and ideas. We are looking for talented people who embrace change with a positive attitude. Offering great wellness and recognition programs is important to us.
These are exciting times at peopleCare, and we are growing exponentially as we expand our horizons and continue to open up a new world of opportunities to honour our mission to change the world of Senior Living!
We are looking for your talents and ideas. If you enjoy challenges, strive to increase efficiency, and enjoy working with people – then apply to the great leadership opportunity below!
The Assistant Director of Care (ADOC) is accountable to the Director of Care /Director of Nursing for the day to day management of the nursing department and resident care services. Through effective management of all resources in the nursing envelope and development of a strong nursing team, the ADOC will ensure the delivery of optimal care and service, based on legislative requirements.
The ADOC is required to perform their duties in a manner consistent with the core values and employee guiding principles, ensure resident safety, and demonstrate customer service excellence.
- Co-ordinates, directs and monitors the effectiveness of all operational activities within the nursing department;
- Contributes to operational plans for the effective operation of the nursing department;
- Delegates responsibility to nursing staff based on clearly defined lines of authority and communication;
- Participates in an effective quality and risk management system to ensure legislative regulations and standards are met;
- Participates in strategic planning and accreditation activities;
- Leads and participates in committees according to their terms of reference and areas of responsibility;
- Participates in corporate and external committees as requested;
- Follows all corporate policies and procedures; contributes to the development of site-specific nursing policies as indicated;
- Responds promptly to concerns of residents and family members, mediating a satisfactory response to concerns and implements action plans to avoid reoccurrence of similar issues;
- Facilitates communication in complex care issues to foster positive resident outcomes;
- Ensures clinical care is delivered in a manner that is resident centered and fosters evidence based best practice;
- Promotes an effective admission and discharge process and experience Contributes to the implementation of a complete quality and risk management program for the nursing department;
- Ensures the collection of clinical indicators within time line on a monthly basis as assigned;
- Contributes to the development of recommendations for corrective action to reach corporate mean for clinical indicators;
- Ensures that all risk areas identified are addressed in a timely manner and according to corporate policy and applicable legislation
- Contributes to good working relationships with relevant persons within the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (MOHLTC);
- Knows and interprets MOHLTC legislation, regulation and process;
- Contributes to the implementation of processes and systems to ensure compliance to all standards on an ongoing basis;
- Understands and interprets MOHLTC regulations and peopleCare policies and procedures
- Performs nursing duties as required and models and fosters an environment of positive customer service in all aspects of care;
- Assumes responsibility for the nursing department in the absence of the DOC/DON
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
- Registered Nurse
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Previous nursing experience in Long Term Care and a minimum of 1 years supervisory/leadership experience
- Current CPR recertification