Director of Health and Wellness – Oakcrossing Retirement Living
peopleCare was honoured as one of Canada’s 50 most engaged employers four years in a row. We are a growing family-based organization in long-term care. We strive to exceed expectations. Our staff are engaged and enthusiastic about providing excellent care to our residents. We are constantly evolving and encourage out-of-the box thinking and ideas. We are looking for talented people who embrace change with a positive attitude. Offering great wellness and recognition programs is important to us.
These are exciting times at peopleCare, and we are growing exponentially as we expand our horizons and continue to open a new world of opportunities to honour our mission to change the world of Senior Living!
We are looking for your talents and ideas. If you enjoy challenges, strive to increase efficiency, and enjoy working with people – then apply to the great leadership opportunity below!
As a member of the peopleCare Community Retirement Leadership team, this position is directly responsible to the Executive Director for the management and leadership of resident care and services. The Director of Health & Wellness will ensure adherence to the respective regulations and legislation contained within the Retirement Homes Act 2010, (RHA) the Resident’s Bill of Rights, mandatory programs, the standards set by the College of Nurses of Ontario and the home’s mission, vision, values and policies.
The Director of Health & Wellness is responsible to the General Manager for the overall management of Nursing Department. This includes the effective management of all resources and cost centers and development of a strong team that will deliver optimal service to residents and families based on peopleCare standards
Reports To: General Manager
- Administers strategic plan for health & wellness, including relationships, philosophies and communications.
- Directs the implementation and review of relevant company policies, procedures and processes required to meet government legislation and industry standards.
- Ensures all residents receive care and services according to their needs and according to the Retirement Home Act and Regulation.
- Monitors the quality of nursing and wellness services using quality indicators from a variety of sources, the tools provided for in the quality assurance program
- Implements goals and objectives to achieve the corporate vision for resident care and services
- Ensures risk management process is adhered to by reviewing staff and resident incident reports, monthly indicators, Retirement Home Regulatory Authority (RHRA) compliance inspections/ reviews, Public Health Inspections, Ministry of Labour inspections, Accreditation reports, etc.
- Ensures appropriate and adequate staffing plan for the department through hiring, retention, training and assigning of department employees. This includes appropriate registration or qualifications of staff in the Health & Wellness department.
- Ensures appropriate documentation and maintenance of records including resident health records, personnel records etc.
- Acts as a liaison with RHRA, other clinical services, support services, external stakeholders / agencies including research and professional associations in relation to the needs/care of residents
- Accountable for financial fiscal responsibility through diligent management of budget within identified parameters
- Assumes facility responsibility in the absence of the Executive Director
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Registered nurse / registered practical nurse with current Certificate of Registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario, in good standing
- At least one year of experience working as a registered nurse / registered practical nurse in Ontario retirement home industry.
- At least three years of experience working as a registered nurse / registered practical nurse in a managerial or supervisory capacity in a health care setting; and has demonstrated leadership and communication skills.