Executive Director – Delhi Long Term Care
peopleCare was honoured as one of Canada’s 50 most engaged employers four years in a row. We are a growing family-based organization in long-term care. We strive to exceed expectations. Our staff are engaged and enthusiastic about providing excellent care to our residents. We are constantly evolving and encourage out-of-the box thinking and ideas. We are looking for talented people who embrace change with a positive attitude. Offering great wellness and recognition programs is important to us.
These are exciting times at peopleCare, and we are growing exponentially as we expand our horizons and continue to open a new world of opportunities to honour our mission to change the world of Senior Living!
We are looking for your talents and ideas. If you enjoy challenges, strive to increase efficiency, and enjoy working with people – then apply to the great leadership opportunity below!
As a member of the peopleCare Senior Management team this position will manage the efficient use of human, physical and financial resources of the facility. The Executive Director will ensure the provision of high-quality care for the residents while maintaining budgetary considerations and legislative requirements. Administer the strategic plan in such a manner that conforms to our business culture, company policy and government legislation.
Reports To: VP, People, Culture, and Operations
- The ability to analyze and interpret information contained in business related documents, write reports and business correspondence and effectively relay/present information accordingly
- Ability to work in an environment focused on accountability for results and, ability to develop and execute innovative solutions in order to drive results within a high functioning, and extremely dynamic team environment
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education and leadership development
- Experience in risk management activities and demonstrated knowledge of continuous quality improvement processes
- Solid understanding of business planning processes and business metrics
- Demonstrated ability to lead, engage and manage a sizeable multidisciplinary team, in a unionized environment
- Accountable for financial fiscal responsibility through diligent management of budget within identified parameters.
- Ensures appropriate documentation and maintenance of records including resident health records, personnel records etc are adhered to within the home.
- Ensures appropriate and adequate staffing plans (and contingency plans) for the home across all departments through hiring, retention, training and assigning of department employees.
- Ensures risk management process is adhered to by reviewing staff and resident incident reports, reviews monthly indicators, follows up on actions required from compliance inspections/ reviews from government agencies
- Directs the implementation and review of relevant company policies, procedures and processes required to meet government legislation and industry standards
- Implements goals and objectives to achieve the corporate vision for resident care and services and ensure the clinical teams are providing exceptional care
- Monitors the quality of nursing and wellness services using quality indicators from a variety of sources, the tools provided for in the quality assurance program
- Act as a liaison and consult with Ministry Officials and professionals in relation to the operation of the Home.
- Ensures all residents receive care and services according to their needs and according to the Long-Term Care Act and all Ministry of Health legislative requirements
- Creates and executes strategic plan for the long-term care home focused on family and resident experience, occupancy, brand and reputation, risk mitigation, and financial performance. With a particular focus on relationships, and partnerships.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 5 years progressive related experience
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma in health or social services
- 3 years in this job to reach competency
- Has completed or is enrolled in a program in Long Term Care, Administration or Management as per Long Term Care Health Act: Reg. 19/10-212 (4)