Oakcrossing Retirement Home – General Manager Retirement Operations
peopleCare was honoured as one of Canada’s 50 most engaged employers four years in a row. We are a growing family-based organization in long-term care. We strive to exceed expectations. Our staff are engaged and enthusiastic about providing excellent care to our residents. We are constantly evolving, and encourage out-of-the box thinking and ideas. We are looking for talented people who embrace change with a positive attitude. Offering great wellness and recognition programs is important to us.
We are looking for your talents and ideas. If you enjoy challenges, strive to increase efficiency, and enjoy working with people – we want you!
• Creates and executes strategic plan for the retirement home focused on occupancy, brand and reputation, financial performance and risk mitigation. With a particular focus on relationships, philosophies, programs systems, and partnerships.
• Directs the implementation and review of relevant company policies, procedures and processes required to meet government legislation and industry standards
• Ensures all residents receive care and services according to their needs and according to the Retirement Home Act and Regulation
• Monitors the quality of nursing and wellness services using quality indicators from a variety of sources, the tools provided for in the quality assurance program
• Implements goals and objectives to achieve the corporate vision for resident care and services
• Ensures risk management process is adhered to by reviewing staff and resident incident reports, monthly indicators, Retirement Home Regulatory Authority (RHRA) compliance inspections/ reviews, Public Health Inspections, Ministry of Labour inspections, e
• Ensures appropriate and adequate staffing plans (and contingency plans) for the home across all departments through hiring, retention, training and assigning of department employees. This includes appropriate registration or qualifications of staff in t
• Ensures appropriate documentation and maintenance of records including resident health records, personnel records etc are adhered to within the home
• Acts as a liaison with RHRA, other clinical services, support services, external stakeholders / agencies including research and professional associations in relation to the needs/care of residents
• Accountable for financial fiscal responsibility through diligent management of budget within identified parameters
• Demonstrated ability to lead, engage and manage a sizeable multidisciplinary team, in a unionized environment
• Solid understanding of business planning processes and business metrics.
• Experience in risk management activities and demonstrated knowledge of continuous quality improvement processes
• Demonstrated commitment to continuing education and leadership development
• Ability to work in an environment focused on accountability for results and, ability to develop and execute innovative solutions in order to drive results within a high functioning, and extremely dynamic team environment
• The ability to analyze and interpret information contained in business related documents, write reports and business correspondence and effectively relay/present information accordingly
• Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree
• College Diploma
• Master’s Degree
• The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 to 10 years of leadership/related experience within the retirement/senior living sector.
• The successful candidate must be a self-motivated individual who possesses effective communication, analytical, assessment and leadership skills who can work independently and has a proven track record of making strong decision utilizing their situational
• The successful candidate should possess a degree or diploma in an applicable field including business, hospitality, health care, administration or other relevant programs. Master’s degree preferred. Must also provide a complete and current (within six mo