Golden Years – Cook / Dietary Aide
As a member of the Golden Years team, the dietary aide will follow established policies, procedures, and standards. This position assists with food preparation and serving of meals. As part of the dietary team, the food service worker will provide meal service according to the resident nutritional profile and in a timely manner to maintain a pleasurable dining experience.
• Provides assistance to the Cook in the preparation and service of meals.
• Assists in the preparation, reheating, and service of beverages, breakfast items, vegetables, nourishment items, salads, desserts and catering as assigned.
• Serves meals and beverages, following residents’ diets and food preferences, using the Dietary Profiles and Therapeutic Menus.
• Completes pre-startup equipment checks as necessary.
• Sets and cleans dining tables and trays.
• Area cleaning duties.
• Completed or enrolled in the Food Service Worker certificate program
• Current Food Handler certification
• Excellent communication skills
• Good listening skills
• Performs well under stress
• Works well with others
Position Type – Part Time
peopleCare, welcomes and encourages applications from candidates with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.