Hilltop Manor – Staffing Scheduling Manager
peopleCare Communities is a leading operator of Senior Living Communities in South Western Ontario. Three generations have honoured a philosophy of care and a passion for service. This continues today by embracing new and best practices in senior living with the commitment to make each peopleCare residence a place where seniors are treated with dignity and respect.
peopleCare continues to be recognized for its innovation, efficiency and productivity as exemplified by the Accreditation Canada Exemplary Status; Canada’s Best Managed Companies; Most Engaged Workplaces Award (North America) and the Innovation Award research grant from the Health Technology Fund.
Reports to the Director of Nursing
Daily communication with DRC- on staffing
• Interviewing PSW and Registered staff candidates
• Hiring- Nursing employees- Following Hiring Practices
• Scheduling entire Nursing Department
• Ensure new employees have completed all appropriate Employment Data Forms and Benefit
• Responsibility towards the orientation scheduling of all new Nursing Staff, with responsibility
towards Hiring process
• Nursing department payroll in conjunction with time card exceptions
• Registered Staff, and PSW Schedule, Seniority, Vacations, and replacing of shifts.
• Maintain current knowledge of pay rates, conditions of collective agreements, overtime and sick
pay arrangements, holiday pay etc.
• Provide requested information to employees or DRC.
• Responsible for nursing department personnel files, including performance reviews, in-service
and education records. Ensure nursing employees have completed mandatory education on hire and annually.
• Coordinate performance review schedules.
Meet weekly to prepare for the upcoming week, determine a schedule for performance reviews absenteeism meetings with employees extra.
Skills and Behaviours
• Communication: listening, oral, presentation and written
• High-Level Computer Competency with payroll software, PCC, excel, EZ labour
• Problem solving
• Skilled at Conflict Management
• Organizing and planning
• High-level understanding of Union Contracts
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to Meet Deadlines
Education and Experience
• 2-5 years of management experience preferred
• 2- 4 year college/university diploma/degree in Human Resources, Health Administration or equivalent preferred
• Experience in Scheduling, Human Resources, and Union Contracts an asset