Hilltop Manor – Recreation Therapist
peopleCare has developed an outstanding reputation in the long-term health-care field. Three generations have helped shape this family owned organization. The peopleCare philosophy, family continuity and in-depth experience all lend substance to our motto, a place where peopleCare. peopleCare is a place where seniors are trated with dignity, respect and love. It’s a place where the mind is exercised, the spirit honored, and individuality celebrated.
peopleCare Communities is privileged to be named one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies for the 4th consecutive year!
As a member of the peopleCare Hilltop Manor team, the Recreationist will follow established policies, procedures and standards. This position participates in the implementation of programs to meet the various physical, social, emotional, cognitive and spiritual needs of our residents.
Reports to: Director of Programs and Support Services
- This position includes recreation shifts that also include assisting in the dining room at meal times.
- Assists in planning and implementing group and individual life enrichment programs such as physical programs, crafts, social activities, excursions, and sensory stimulating activities for designated home area
- Monitor behaviour and condition of residents during programs
- Adheres to departmental policies and procedures including, but not limited to sanitation, safety and quality assurance and infection control
- RAI – MDS coding and care planning for designated home area
- Post-Secondary Diploma or Degree in Therapeutic Recreation or Recreation and Leisure Studies
- OR be enrolled in a Community College or University diploma or degree program in the field of Recreation
- Experience in a health related field
- GPA and Montessori training would be an asset
- Works well in a fast past team environment
- Solve problems effectively
- Show empathy under all circumstances
- Excellent communication skills
- Shows initiative
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
Position Type: Full time – Must have a valid police check-less than 6mths old