Hospitality Coordinator – Oakcrossing Retirement Living
As a member of the peopleCare team, the Hospitality Coordinator ensures all aspects of food, beverage and dining services within the facility to meet and exceeds the needs of residents. This position ensures the effective and efficient delivery of meals to the residents in the dining room. The Hospitality Coordinator will ensure the residents enjoy a pleasurable dining experience within the scope of dietary practice.
The Hospitality Coordinator is responsible to the Director of Hospitality and development of a strong relationships that will deliver optimal service to residents and families based on peopleCare standards.
Reports To: Director of Culinary Services
- Sets and strips table and serves food/beverages in accordance with established peopleCare / RHRA Standards.
- Unpacks and stores supplies. Maintains work and storage areas in a clean, safe and sanitary manner. Washes cleans and stores dishes, cutlery, fixtures and equipment used for food preparation and service.
- Operates and cleans food service equipment, furniture and maintains dining area.
- Promotes a positive team spirit within the department and the home.
- Follows infection control procedures.
- Works in compliance with all provincial regulations and established peopleCare requirements, including Liquor Control Board of Ontario.
- Refers residents or family members as necessary to the hospitality manager for referral to consulting dietician for counseling on therapeutic diets.
- Ensures the Director of Hospitality is informed of hazards in the Department.
- Continued monitoring and ongoing documentation of resident nutritional status with referral to the hospitality manager if health status changes.
- Ensures maintenance of operational records (i.e.: food temperatures and refrigerator, freezer and dish machine temperatures) as required.
- Assists with catering services for all scheduled home functions.
- Works co-operatively with the home management team in preparation for accreditation.
- Participates actively in department, home and community committees as requested.
- Is knowledgeable of Resident Bill of Rights and promotes it.
- Performs other duties as are necessary and appropriate.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Current certificate in food handling from the local public health unit.
- Must be able to work and communicate effectively with residents of a retirement home.
- Must be an effective team player who works well with others.
- Safe Food Handlers certificate.
- Valid SmartServe certificate.