peopleCare was honoured as one of Canada’s 50 most engaged employers four years in a row. We are a growing family-based organization in long-term care and retirement. We strive to exceed expectations. Our staff are engaged and enthusiastic about providing excellent care to our residents. We are constantly evolving and encourage out-of-the box thinking and ideas. We are looking for talented people who embrace change with a positive attitude. Offering great wellness and recognition programs is important to us.
These are exciting times at peopleCare, and we are growing exponentially as we expand our horizons and continue to open a new world of opportunities to honour our mission to change the world of Senior Living!
We are looking for your talents and ideas. If you enjoy challenges, strive to increase efficiency, and enjoy working with people – then apply to the great leadership opportunity below!
The IT/Business Analyst will focus on peopleCare’s information and technology systems; will analyze business problems and then design and maintain computer applications to solve the organization’s issues and challenges. The IT/Business Analyst is ideally a strong systems-thinker, who can collaborate equally well with Operations and third-party providers. The IT/Business Analyst is focused on problem-solving and process, always looking for the linkage between systems and process. The IT/Business Analyst is responsible for supporting our business leaders and subject matter experts through the adoption of meaningful and value-add technology solutions, analytical reports and conducting analysis to assist decision making.
- Analyze data from systems to identify risks, trends, and opportunities where the systems can add further value to the organization, through functional changes, integration, reporting/decision support or user support.
- Project manage significant changes to the systems, ensuring effective planning, resourcing and communication.
- Promote and ensure security compliance with legislation, contracts, and company policies across the organization. Create security protocol where needed to protect peopleCare against risk.
- Consults with functional unit management and personnel to identify, define and document business needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements, and levels of systems access.
- Acts as a liaison between departmental end-users, technical analysts, information technology analysts, and consultants in the analysis, design, configuration, testing and maintenance of case management systems to ensure optimal operational performance.
- Analyzes the feasibility of, and develops requirements for, new systems and enhancements to existing systems; ensures the system design fits the needs of the users.
- Tracks and fully documents change for functional and business specifications; writes detailed universally understood procedures for permanent records and for use in training.
- Identifies opportunities for improving business processes through information systems; assists in the preparation of proposals to develop new systems and/or operational changes.
- Plans, organizes and conducts business process reengineering/improvement projects.
- Conduct cost-benefit/feasibility studies and performing system design and implementation of medium and high complexity systems
- Act as a project leader for various system related projects
- Conducts change impact analysis to assess the potential implications of changes and documents court business rules, functions and requirements.
- Develops training curriculum and conducts formal training sessions covering assigned systems module.
- Directs or participates in studies of new and existing programs and special projects to determine feasibility, resolve problems including organizational, procedural, technical and fiscal research and analysis; develops policy and procedures to improve efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and/or improve internal and external customer service; develops information system documentation to support efficient operations; prepares reports and written findings and recommendations; and monitors changes.
- A university degree in Business Administration, Economics, Computer Systems or Information Technology or other related discipline
- Strong knowledge of information systems and computer technology concepts, principles and practices and their application in a business environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of systems analysis and database design concepts and practices as applied to large and small batch on-line systems
- Strong understanding of project management concepts and practices and demonstrated competency
- Knowledge of end user support functions and data security/audit principles and procedures
- Knowledge of current office automation technology, PC hardware/software and relevant applications
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong time management skills, along with well-developed analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Experience working in a task and goal-oriented team focus environment.
- Preference will be given to individuals with 7 to 10 years of operations/technology and project management experience