Meaford – Building Coordinator / Maintenance Technician
peopleCare is one of Ontario’s leading – owner / managers of Long-Term Care Communities, with properties located in Cambridge, London, Meaford, Tavistock, Delhi and Kitchener.
peopleCare has been recognized as Canada’s 50 Most Engaged Employers, granted ‘Exemplary Standing’ by Accreditation Canada and earned ‘Best Practice Spotlight Organization’ candidacy by the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario.
• Manages the daily operations of the Environmental Services Department which includes Maintenance Housekeeping and Laundry Departments with responsibility for the sanitation, infection control, residents/tenants satisfaction, quality and financial results
• Ensures a safe, comfortable, sanitary environment for residents, tenants, staff and visitors in accordance with applicable codes and regulations.
• Assists with reviewing and maintaining all vendors contracts, monitors the contracts in use and effectively utilizes vendors to achieve the best possible cost.
• Keep records of work that has been completed, and manage the budget for maintenance repairs
• Repair and maintain mechanical buildings and/or systems
• Repair and maintain mechanical equipment
• Ensure compliance with Long Term Care Act, for Maintenance Items
• Complete preventative maintenance/ inspection and repair schedules for the home
• Inspect machinery and systems and ensure compliance with schedules
• Install new machinery or systems and or coordinate the installation
• Liaises with outside service contractors and inspectors
• Ensures all life safety, building and support systems are functioning properly
• directed and in accordance with applicable codes and regulations, performs a variety of routine services
• High School Diploma (or equivalent)
• Certified Maintenance Technician status
• Understanding of the Long Term Care Act
• Basic computer skills
• Good manual dexterity
• Great attention to detail
• Shows initiative
• Works well with others