Meaford – Recreation Therapist
peopleCare has developed an outstanding reputation in the long-term health-care field. Three generations have helped shape this family-owned organization. The peopleCare philosophy, family continuity and in-depth experience all lend substance to our motto, a place where peopleCare. peopleCare is a place where seniors are treated with dignity, respect, and love. It’s a place where the mind is exercised, the spirit honored, and individuality celebrated.
peopleCare Communities is privileged to be named one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies
for the 4th consecutive year!
As a member of the peopleCare Meaford LTC team, the Recreationist will follow established policies, procedures, and standards. This position participates in the implementation of programs to meet the various physical, social, emotional, cognitive, and spiritual needs of our residents.
Reports to: Director of Programs and Support Services
• This position includes recreation shifts that also include assisting in the dining room at meal times.
• Assists in planning and implementing group and individual life enrichment programs such as physical programs, crafts, social activities, excursions, and sensory stimulating activities for designated home area
• Monitor behavior and condition of residents during programs
• Adheres to departmental policies and procedures including, but not limited to sanitation, safety and quality assurance and infection control
• RAI – MDS coding and care planning for the designated home area
• Post-Secondary Diploma or Degree in Therapeutic Recreation or Recreation and Leisure Studies
• Be enrolled in a Community College or University diploma or degree program in the field of Recreation
• Experience in a health related field
• GPA and Montessori training would be an asset
• Works well in a fast past team environment
• Solve problems effectively
• Show empathy under all circumstances
• Excellent communication skills
• Shows initiative
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
Position Type: Full Time & Part Time positions available
peopleCare, welcomes and encourages applications from candidates with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.