Meaford – Registered Nurse / RN
peopleCare was honored as one of Canada’s 50 most engaged employers four years in a row. We are a growing family-based organization in long-term care. We strive to exceed expectations. Our staff is engaged and enthusiastic about providing excellent care to our residents. We are constantly evolving and encourage out-of-the-box thinking and ideas. We are looking for talented people who embrace change with a positive attitude. Offering great wellness and recognition programs is important to us.
We are looking for your talents and ideas. If you enjoy challenges, strive to increase efficiency, and enjoy working with people – we want you!
About the Position
As a member of the peopleCare Meaford nursing team, this position works under the direction of the Director of Resident Care while providing nursing and personal care to residents. In performing these duties, the individual assumes the duties of charge nurse. The position complies with all Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care legislative standards, company policies/procedures and rules/regulations in a professional manner.
• Administers medications and treatments within the limitations set by the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Oversees the Personal Support Workers and assists residents with daily routines and functions such as bathing, dressing, undressing and meal service as required
• Follows and processes physician orders
• Observes and monitors conditions of residents and reports changes in physical or mental conditions to the Director of Resident Care and/or Physician
• Participates in the development and modification of resident’s plan of care
• Participates in meetings and committees
• Current certificate of competency from the College of Nurses of Ontario, in good standing
• Registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Experience in Long-Term Care considered an asset
• Control emotions effectively
• Crisis management skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Keen observation skills
• Performs well under stress
• Shows empathy under all circumstances
• Takes initiative
• Works well in a team
Full Time & Part Time positions available
peopleCare, welcomes and encourages applications from candidates with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.