Personal Support Worker – Oakcrossing Long Term Care
peopleCare was honoured as one of Canada’s 50 most engaged employers four years in a row. We are a growing family-based organization in long-term care. We strive to exceed expectations. Our staff are engaged and enthusiastic about providing excellent care to our residents. We are constantly evolving, and encourage out-of-the box thinking and ideas. We are looking for talented people who embrace change with a positive attitude. Offering great wellness and recognition programs is important to us.
We are looking for your talents and ideas. If you enjoy challenges, strive to increase efficiency, and enjoy working with people – we want you!
- Adheres to established department policies and procedures regarding quality assurance, safety, environment, and infection control.
- Documents resident care activities in accordance with the home’s policy using software such as PCC.
- Participates in resident care conferences and committees as required.
- Assists with meal service to residents and provides feeding assistance as required.
- Assists with admission, discharge, and transfer of residents.
- Assists in providing restorative care for residents, and assists with ambulation, nutritional needs, and palliative care.
- Assists in the maintenance of a clean, safe environment.
- Under the direction of the registered nursing staff, provides personal care to promote the comfort and safety of residents.
- Successfully completed a Personal Support Worker program that meets the requirements of Long-Term Care Health Act
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Food Handler certification
- First Aid certification
- Shows empathy under all circumstances
- Performs well under stress
- Good physical strength
- Excellent communication skills
- Control emotions effectively
Part Time and Casual