Oakcrossing Retirement Home – Lifestyle and Leisure for Retirement
Lifestyle & Leisure: – Part Time / Including Weekends
peopleCare Oakcrossing • London, Ontario
peopleCare has developed an outstanding reputation in the long-term health-care field. Three generations have helped shape this family owned organization. The peopleCare philosophy, family continuity and in-depth experience all lend substance to our motto, a place where peopleCare. peopleCare is a place where seniors are treated with dignity, respect, and love. It’s a place where the mind is exercised, the spirit honored, and individuality celebrated.
peopleCare Communities is privileged to be named one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies
for the 4th consecutive year!
As a member of the peopleCare Oakcrossing Retirement team, the Recreationist will follow established policies, procedures, and standards. This position participates in the implementation of programs to meet the various physical, social, emotional, cognitive and spiritual needs of our residents.
Reports to: Director of Programs and Support Services
• This position includes recreation shifts that also include assisting in the dining room at supper time.
• Assists in planning, implementing, documenting, and evaluating group and individual life enrichment programs such as physical programs, cognitive programs, arts and music, social programming, excursions, and sensory stimulating programs.
• Post-Secondary Diploma, or Degree in Therapeutic Recreation or Recreation Therapy
• OR be enrolled in a Community College or University diploma or degree program in the field of Recreation Therapy
• Experience in long term care
• GPA and Montessori training would be an asset
• Show empathy under all circumstances
• Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
• Shows initiative, and innovation
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Works well in an interdisciplinary team environment