Concierge – Oakcrossing Retirement
peopleCare was honoured as one of Canada’s 50 most engaged employers three years in a row. We are a growing family-based organization in long-term care. We strive to exceed expectations. Our staff are engaged and enthusiastic about providing excellent care to our residents. We are constantly evolving and encourage out-of-the box thinking and ideas. We are looking for talented people who embrace change with a positive attitude. Offering great wellness and recognition programs is important to us.
We are looking for your talents and ideas. If you enjoy challenges, strive to increase efficiency, and enjoy working with people – we want you!
As a member of Oakcrossing Retirement Living Team, this position will provide administrative support for the Administration and Health and Wellness offices, while ensuring efficient office practices. This position provides the initial contact representing the corporate mission, vision and values to residents, families and all other visitors. The Concierge reports directly to the Executive Director. The position complies with all legislative standards, company policies/procedures and rules/regulations in a professional manner.
- Assist as requested to process accounts payable including verifying totals and coding as required.
- Assist as requested to process accounts receivable including verifying totals.
- Maintain departmental files and records, including correspondence, forms and routine office records and reports.
- Monitors resident and visitor movement both in and out of the building.
- Receive incoming mail and coordinate distribution and process outgoing mail .
- Answer the telephone, greet visitors and receive routine inquiries in person and by phone, relaying calls and messages to the appropriate personnel.
- Schedules tours to the Home.
- General Office duties including photocopying, faxing, etc.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Grade 12 graduation or approved departmental equivalent.
- Bookkeeping and experience in handling cash.
- Previous satisfactory experience in the routine operation of a Business Office.
- Current Food Handler Certification
- Communication: listening, oral, presentation and written
- Organizing and planning
- Computer literacy
- Work is sedentary and is done in an office environment.
- There is considerable walking and standing associated with monitoring of home activities.
- There are times of substantial bending and carrying of light items.
- Constant mental stress associated with performance of work due to time deadlines, organizing information and interaction with the staff and public.