Oakcrossing Retirement Living – Housekeeping
peopleCare was honoured as one of Canada’s 50 most engaged employers three years in a row. We are a growing family-based organization in long-term care. We strive to exceed expectations. Our staff are engaged and enthusiastic about providing excellent care to our residents. We are constantly evolving and encourage out-of-the box thinking and ideas. We are looking for talented people who embrace change with a positive attitude. Offering great wellness and recognition programs is important to us.
We are looking for your talents and ideas. If you enjoy challenges, strive to increase efficiency, and enjoy working with people – we want you!
- Maintain a clean, safe environment in the residence.
- Work as a member of a team with all other residence personnel.
- Be knowledgeable of and practice residence’s fire and safety programs.
- To wash, dry and fold resident laundry as per schedule.
- To store and deliver linens and personal clothing.
- Clean, dust and vacuum residents’ bedrooms and public areas of the residence, i.e., lounges, corridors and elevators.
- Clean and sanitize residents’ bathroom and all washrooms in the residence, including all fixtures, tiles, floors, vanity and mirrors.
- Clean rooms vacated by residents and prepare rooms for incoming residents.
- Collect refuse from residents’ rooms and other areas of the residence and dispose of this refuse in accordance with set procedures.
- Clean and organize outdoor and patio furniture.
- Water and care for plants in the residence.
- Clean and restock housekeeping cart.
- Report malfunctions in equipment and repairs needed to Environmental Department through the Maintenance Memo Book.
- Notify Manager when housecleaning suppliers are low.
- Wash and dry laundry following established laundry procedures.
- Fold laundry as required, sort and deliver personal laundry to the appropriate resident.
- Remove lint from lint filters following the drying of each load.
- Observe operation of machines and report any malfunctioning to the Laundry Manager.
- Clean laundry equipment, tubs, floors and laundry area.
- Notify Manager when laundry supplies are low.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Some secondary school education
- Excellent communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- Works well independently