Oakcrossing Retirement Living – Resident Coordinator (PSW)
peopleCare was honoured as one of Canada’s 50 most engaged employers three years in a row. We are a growing family-based organization in long-term care. We strive to exceed expectations. Our staff are engaged and enthusiastic about providing excellent care to our residents. We are constantly evolving and encourage out-of-the box thinking and ideas. We are looking for talented people who embrace change with a positive attitude. Offering great wellness and recognition programs is important to us.
We are looking for your talents and ideas. If you enjoy challenges, strive to increase efficiency, and enjoy working with people – we want you!
As a member of Oakcrossing Retirement Living Health and Wellness Team, the Resident Coordinator will provide direct support to the Residents. The Resident Coordinator receives direction from the Charge Nurse and reports to the Director of Health and Wellness. The position complies with all legislative standards, company policies/procedures and rules/regulations in a professional manner.
• Adheres to established department policies and procedures regarding quality assurance, safety, environment and infection control.
• Documents resident care activities in accordance with policies and procedures.
• Participates in resident care conferences and committees as required.
• Assists with meal service to residents and provides feeding assistance as required.
• Assists with admission, discharge and transfer of residents.
• Assists in providing restorative care for residents, assists with ambulation, nutritional needs and palliative care.
• Assists in the maintenance of a clean, safe environment.
• Under the direction of the Registered Nurse, provides personal care to promote the comfort and safety of residents.
• Preferred successful completion of a Personal Support Worker program.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• First Aid certification
• Excellent communication skills.
• Controls emotions effectively.
• Good physical strength.
• Performs well under stress.
• Shows empathy under all circumstances.
• Works well in a team.