Tavistock – Registered Practical Nurse
peopleCare was honoured as one of Canada’s 50 most engaged employers four years in a row. We are a growing family-based organization in long-term care. We strive to exceed expectations. Our staff are engaged and enthusiastic about providing excellent care to our residents. We are constantly evolving, and encourage out-of-the box thinking and ideas. We are looking for talented people who embrace change with a positive attitude. Offering great wellness and recognition programs is important to us.
We are looking for your talents and ideas. If you enjoy challenges, strive to increase efficiency, and enjoy working with people – we want you!
As a member of the Tavistock nursing team, this position works under the direction of the Registered Nurse and reports to the Director of Care while providing nursing and personal care to residents. In performing these duties, the individual may assume the duties of charge nurse in an assigned unit. The position complies with all legislative standards, company policies/procedures and rules/regulations in a professional manner.
• Administers medications and treatments within the limitations set by the College of Nurses
• Oversees and assists residents with daily routines and functions such as bathing, dressing, undressing and eating meals as required
• Follows and processes physician orders
• Observes and monitors conditions of residents and reports changes in physical or mental conditions to the Registered Nurse
• Participates in the development and modification of resident’s plan of care
• Participates in meetings and committees
• Other duties as required
• Current Medication Administration Certificate, or equivalent
• Current certificate of competency from the College of Nurses of Ontario, in good standing
• Registered with a regulatory body
• Control emotions effectively
• Crisis management skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Keen observation skills
• Performs well under stress
• Shows empathy under all circumstances
• Takes initiative
• Works well in a team