Nursing Staffing Manager – Hilltop Manor
peopleCare was honoured as one of Canada’s 50 most engaged employers three years in a row. We are a growing family-based organization in long-term care. We strive to exceed expectations. Our staff are engaged and enthusiastic about providing excellent care to our residents. We are constantly evolving, and encourage out-of-the box thinking and ideas. We are looking for talented people who embrace change with a positive attitude. Offering great wellness and recognition programs is important to us.
We are looking for your talents and ideas. If you enjoy challenges, strive to increase efficiency, and enjoy working with people – we want you!
- Daily communication with DRC- on staffing
- Interviewing PSW and Registered staff candidates
- Hiring- Nursing employees- Following Hiring Practices
- Scheduling entire Nursing Department
- Ensure new employees have completed all appropriate Employment Data Forms and Benefit
- Responsibility towards the orientation scheduling of all new Nursing Staff, with responsibility
towards Hiring process
- Nursing department payroll in conjunction with time card exceptions
- Registered Staff, and PSW Schedule, Seniority, Vacations, and replacing of shifts.
- Maintain current knowledge of pay rates, conditions of collective agreements, overtime and sick
pay arrangements, holiday pay etc.
- Provide requested information to employees or DRC.
- Responsible for nursing department personnel files, including performance reviews, in-service
and education records. Ensure nursing employees have completed mandatory education on hire and annually.
- Coordinate performance review schedules.
- Meet weekly to prepare for the upcoming week, determine a schedule for performance reviews absenteeism meetings with employees extra.
- Communication: listening, oral, presentation and written
- High-Level Computer Competency with payroll software, PCC, excel, EZ labour
- Problem solving
- Skilled at Conflict Management
- Organizing and planning
- High-level understanding of Union Contracts
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to Meet Deadlines
- 2-5 years of management experience preferred
- 2- 4 year college/university diploma/degree in Human Resources, Health Administration or equivalent preferred
- Experience in Scheduling, Human Resources