Tavistock – Recreationist
peopleCare was honoured as one of Canada’s 50 most engaged employers four years in a row. We are a growing family-based organization in long-term care. We strive to exceed expectations. Our staff are engaged and enthusiastic about providing excellent care to our residents. We are constantly evolving, and encourage out-of-the box thinking and ideas. We are looking for talented people who embrace change with a positive attitude. Offering great wellness and recognition programs is important to us.
These are exciting times at peopleCare, and we are growing exponentially as we expand our horizons, and continue to open up a new world of opportunities to honour our mission to change the world of Senior Living!
We are looking for your talents and ideas. If you enjoy challenges, strive to increase efficiency, and enjoy working with people – then apply to the great opportunity below!
About the Position:
As a member of the peopleCare Tavistock team, the Recreationist will follow established policies, procedures and standards. This position participates in the implementation of programs to meet the various physical, social, emotional, cognitive and spiritual needs of our residents.
Reports to: Director of Programs and Support Services
- This position includes recreation shifts that also include assisting in the dining room at meal times.
- Assists in calendar planning and implementing group and individual life enrichment programs such as physical programs, crafts, social activities, excursions, and sensory stimulating activities for designated home area
- Monitor behaviour and condition of residents during programs
- Adheres to departmental policies and procedures including, but not limited to sanitation, safety and quality assurance and infection control
- Diploma or a degree in Recreation or equivalent or be enrolled in a recreation program or equivalent
- Experience in a health related field
- GPA and Montessori training would be an asset
- Works well in a fast past team environment
- Solve problems effectively
- Show empathy under all circumstances
- Excellent communication skills
- Shows initiative
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
Position Type: Part Time and Casual Position available – ideal student positions.