Services and Amenities
The safety and security of each resident is our primary concern, so Stratford Long Term Care Home provides all of our residents with the contentment of home and the added assurance of trained nursing as required.
- 24 hour Physician on-call
- 24 hour Registered Nursing Services
- Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation
- Recreation and Leisure Programs
- Dietitian and Food & Hospitality Services
- Restorative Care Programming (dining, walking, grooming and dressing)
- Environmental Services (laundry, housekeeping and maintenance)
- Palliative Care Services
- Family and Resident Councils
- Support Groups
- Family oriented and friendly staff with quality focused care
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I learn more about Long Term Care Homes in my area?
Please contact your local Community Care Access Centre (CCAC) office.
How do I move into a Long Term Care Home?
Start by contacting your local Community Care Access Centre (www.healthcareathome.ca) which manages the admission process to Ontario Long Term Care Homes. Your local CCAC will help you every step of the way. CCAC staff will:
- determine your eligibility
- tell you about homes in your area
- tell you about costs
- help you apply
- visit www.healthcareathome.ca
- call 310-CCAC (2222)
Are there waiting lists for Long Term Care Homes?
There are significant wait lists for Long Term Care in most areas of the province. The length of your wait is dependent upon which Home and the type of accommodation you have selected.
What kinds of services are provided in Long Term Care Homes?
You can expect to receive the following services in a Long Term Care Home:
- shared dining room, TV rooms and other living areas
- nursing and personal care on a 24-hour basis
- access to health professionals
- individual care plan (reviewed every 3 months)
- furnishings (e.g., bed and chair)
- meals (including special diets)
- bed linens and laundry
- personal hygiene supplies
- individualized religious and spiritual services
- social and recreational programs
- medical services
- assistance with activities of daily living
How much does it cost to live in a Long Term Care Home?
The cost of living in a Long Term Care Home is mandated by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care and is consistent across the province. You can find the current rates on the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long Term Care website: health.gov.on.ca
What possessions do I bring to a Long Term Care Home?
Most people bring items of a personal nature such as photos, artwork, a favourite afghan or bedspread, etc. Ask the Long Term Care Home you are considering about any specific items you would like to bring.