Housekeepers – All Locations!
As the COVID-19 situation rapidly evolves, peopleCare Communities is asking for your support in helping us to proactively connect with potential new candidates to work in our long-term care homes. Specifically, we are looking to hire nursing students as personal support workers (PSWs) in our Homes, as well as Dietary Aides, Cooks, Housekeepers and Laundry Aids, and Recreation Staff. This would help ensure we have the appropriate staff teams to deliver the care that our residents need, lessen the impact on those who are laid off from other industries due to this situation, and is also an excellent opportunity for your students to gain valuable hands-on experience in geriatric care.
These are challenging times and we appreciate your support and partnership in working with us to ensure the needs of our local vulnerable seniors are met. Our Homes are located across Ontario and all locations are looking for additional support at this time.
Maintains high standards of cleanliness and sanitation throughout the Home by cleaning and sanitizing rooms and furnishing in assigned work areas following established policies and procedures.
Reports to: Director of Environmental Services
- Receives assignment, assembles required materials and supplies, loads service cart and transports to work area.
- Using specified cleaning/disinfecting/sanitizing agents, and following specific procedures, work patterns and routines, performs tasks such as:
- Vacuuming, sweeping, dry/wet mopping, scrubbing, sanitizing/disinfecting floors, spot cleaning walls, windows and doors between washing, dusting, emptying wastebaskets and rearranging furniture, removing waste, daily cleaning and disinfecting daily all bathroom fixtures and replenishing supplies, cleaning floors, fixtures and furnishing in utility rooms, kitchen, closets etc.
- Ensures privacy of residents during performance of duties.
- Ensure confidentiality of resident information.
- Prepares room for new occupant following prescribed procedures.
- Notifies supervisor when supplies are low, or equipment is malfunctioning.
- Returns unused supplies and cleans and stores equipment.
- Adheres to established department policies and procedures regarding quality assurance, safety, environment and infection control.
- Displays an attitude that is focused on working safely and ensuring that the work environment is safe and healthy.
- Uses safe work practices.
- Reports any actual or potential hazard to the immediate supervisor.
- Uses or wears personal protective equipment (or clothing) as required.
- Promptly reports personal injury to supervisor and seeks first aid as needed.
- Participates in fire safety activities and knows the Home fire and disaster plan.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Does not use or operate any equipment in a way that would endanger any worker, resident or visitor.
- Maintains required records and information as directed.
- Participates in committee meetings as required.
- Cooperates with other departments within the Home to ensure the needs of residents are being met.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Some understanding of chemicals and equipment used in cleaning.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to perform lift techniques and lift weights up to 30 pounds.
- Basic knowledge of housekeeping with independent working skills.