Laundry Aides – All Locations!
As the COVID-19 situation rapidly evolves, peopleCare Communities is asking for your support in helping us to proactively connect with potential new candidates to work in our long-term care homes. Specifically, we are looking to hire nursing students as personal support workers (PSWs) in our Homes, as well as Dietary Aides, Cooks, Housekeepers and Laundry Aids, and Recreation Staff. This would help ensure we have the appropriate staff teams to deliver the care that our residents need, lessen the impact on those who are laid off from other industries due to this situation, and is also an excellent opportunity for your students to gain valuable hands-on experience in geriatric care.
These are challenging times and we appreciate your support and partnership in working with us to ensure the needs of our local vulnerable seniors are met. Our Homes are located across Ontario and all locations are looking for additional support at this time.
Sorts, washes, dries and folds linens and personal clothing and delivers laundry and personal clothing, in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Reports to: Director of Environmental Services
- Receives laundry and sorts according to type, condition and weight. Follows specific instructions for treatment of soiled linens. Separates loads according to classification.
- Washes and dries laundry following instructions for machine operations, designated washing and drying times, etc. Sorts personal clothing or puts aside for repairs or ironing. Folds laundry as required, sorts and delivers to appropriate units. Confidentiality is maintained of resident information and privacy.
- Observes operation of machines and reports malfunctioning to supervisor. Assists in maintain laundry facilities, equipment and supplies. Cleans machines as required and cleans and tidies floors and laundry area.
- Cooperates with other departments within the facility to ensure the needs of the residents are met.
- Adheres to established department policies, procedures and objectives regarding Total Quality Management, safety, environment and infection control.
- Maintain required record and information as directed.
- Participate in committee meetings as required.
- Displays an attitude that is focused on working safely and ensuring that the work environment is safe and healthy.
- Uses safe work practices.
- Reports any actual or potential hazard to the immediate supervisor.
- Uses or wears personal protective equipment (or clothing) as required.
- Promptly reports personal injury to supervisor and seeks first aid as needed.
- Participates in fire safety activities and knows the facility fire and disaster plan.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Does not use or operate any equipment in a way that would endanger any worker, resident or visitor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Basic understanding of washer and dryer operations and some knowledge of chemicals used in process.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Basic knowledge of laundry with independent working skills.