Personal Support Worker – Meaford Long Term Care
peopleCare was honoured as one of Canada’s 50 most engaged employers four years in a row. We are a growing family-based organization in long-term care. We strive to exceed expectations. Our staff are engaged and enthusiastic about providing excellent care to our residents. We are constantly evolving and encourage out-of-the box thinking and ideas. We are looking for talented people who embrace change with a positive attitude. Offering great wellness and recognition programs is important to us.
These are exciting times at peopleCare, and we are growing exponentially as we expand our horizons and continue to open a new world of opportunities to honour our mission to change the world of Senior Living!
We are looking for your talents and ideas. If you enjoy challenges, strive to increase efficiency, and enjoy working with people – then apply to the great leadership opportunity below!
As a member of the nursing team, this position works under the direction of the Registered Nurse / Registered Practical Nurse while providing personal care to residents in assigned areas in accordance with individual resident care plans. The position complies with all legislative standards, company policies/procedures and rules/regulations in a professional manner.
- Adheres to established department policies and procedures regarding quality assurance, safety, environment and infection control.
- Documents resident care activities in accordance with the home’s policy using software such as PCC.
- Participates in resident care conferences and committees as required.
- Assists with meal service to residents and provides feeding assistance as required.
- Assists with admission, discharge and transfer of residents.
- Assists in providing restorative care for residents, assists with ambulation, nutritional needs and palliative care.
- Assists in the maintenance of a clean, safe environment.
- Under the direction of the registered nursing staff, provides personal care to promote the comfort and safety of residents.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Successfully completed a Personal Support Worker program that meets requirements of Long Term Care Health Act
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Experience in Long-Term Care considered an asset
- Food Handler certification
- First Aid certification
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer focus skills
- Must have demonstrated sound skills and knowledge of providing personal care duties
- Ability to perform tasks that are necessary for the position, e.g. lifting/transferring clients
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check or be willing to obtain one.