Office Manager – Oakcrossing Retirement Living
peopleCare was honoured as one of Canada’s 50 most engaged employers four years in a row. We are a growing family-based organization in long-term care. We strive to exceed expectations. Our staff are engaged and enthusiastic about providing excellent care to our residents. We are constantly evolving and encourage out-of-the box thinking and ideas. We are looking for talented people who embrace change with a positive attitude. Offering great wellness and recognition programs is important to us.
These are exciting times at peopleCare, and we are growing exponentially as we expand our horizons and continue to open a new world of opportunities to honour our mission to change the world of Senior Living!
We are looking for your talents and ideas. If you enjoy challenges, strive to increase efficiency, and enjoy working with people – then apply to the great leadership opportunity below!
As a member of the peopleCare Communities Retirement team, this position will provide administrative, accounting and payroll support for the Home, while ensuring efficient office practices and peopleCare standards are met. This position provides direct resident/family contact therefore representing the corporate mission, vision and values to resident families and all other visitors is of paramount importance. Maintains confidentiality of all financial, personnel and resident data while assisting the Executive Director.
The Office Manager is responsible to the General Manager for the overall management of the Administration Department. This includes the effective management of all resources and cost centers and development of a strong team that will deliver optimal service to residents and families based on peopleCare standards.
- Participates in morning huddle.
- Orders or delegates orders of administration supplies for the home.
- Maintains office systems.
- Complete forms as required or directed.
- Maintain current knowledge of information required by various government or other agencies regarding residents.
- Maintain and prepare internal reports for home as required.
- Process paperwork associated with Resident admission on day of admission, contracts, etc.
- Provide secretarial or executive services for committees, as required.
- Provide administrative assistance for special events.
- Request repairs for office equipment as required.
- Represent a positive customer service profile.
- Provide IT Support.
- Provides assistance to residents with phone and/or cable.
- Ensure annual management of resident and employee files and obligations.
- Backup to reception for phone answering.
- Lead “Onsite” person responsible for IT systems
- Coordinate, monitor & facilitate all support requests in the home
- Follow “IT” systems support process
- Work with designated “IT” systems administrator from the Management Services Office
- Oversight from the Financial Controller for accounting functions and related bookkeeping.
- Manage payments and queries concerning billing from residents and/or families.
- Responsible for annual rate changes
- Prepare bank deposits, and forward appropriate documentation to Accounting department.
- Manage petty cash in the home.
- Process Accounts receivable, resident billing and census information.
- Ensure all appropriate documentation related to accounts payable and accounts receivable is forwarded to Accounting.
- Reviews payroll variance in conjunction with exceptions and reconciled.
- Ensure current knowledge of pay rates, conditions of collective agreements, overtime and sick pay arrangements, holiday pay etc.
- Provide requested information to employees or supervisors which is routine in nature.
- Ensure new employees have completed all appropriate Employment Data Forms and Benefit Enrolment Forms.
- Inform new employees of available benefits.
- Assist staff in submitting benefit claims, as required.
- Maintain personnel files, including performance reviews, in-service and education records.
- Manage special projects as required.
- Displays an attitude that is focused on working safely and ensuring that the work environment is safe and healthy.
- Uses safe work practices.
- Reports any actual or potential hazard to the immediate supervisor.
- Uses or wears personal protective equipment (or clothing) as required.
- Promptly reports personal injury to supervisor and seeks first aid as needed.
- Participates in fire safety activities, and knows the facility fire and disaster plan.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Does not use or operate any equipment in a way that would endanger any worker, resident or visitor.
- Functions under general guidance.
- Provides information to senior management.
- Signing authority as directed.
- Access to highly confidential information.
- Recommends and acts upon the mandate of the General Manager.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 5 years progressive related experience
- 2 year college diploma in business administration or equivalent
- 2 years in this job to reach competency
- Communication: listening, oral, presentation and written
- Strengths: Problem solving, negotiating, assertiveness, objectivity, budgeting, organizing and planning, computer literacy, accounts payable/receivable, flexibility, and multi-tasking.