Recreationists – All Locations!
As the COVID-19 situation rapidly evolves, peopleCare Communities is asking for your support in helping us to proactively connect with potential new candidates to work in our long-term care homes. Specifically, we are looking to hire nursing students as personal support workers (PSWs) in our Homes, as well as Dietary Aides, Cooks, Housekeepers and Laundry Aids, and Recreation Staff. This would help ensure we have the appropriate staff teams to deliver the care that our residents need, lessen the impact on those who are laid off from other industries due to this situation, and is also an excellent opportunity for your students to gain valuable hands-on experience in geriatric care.
These are challenging times and we appreciate your support and partnership in working with us to ensure the needs of our local vulnerable seniors are met. Our Homes are located across Ontario and all locations are looking for additional support at this time.
As a member of the peopleCare Activities team, the Program and Support Services Aide will follow established policies, procedures and standards. This position participates in the implementation of programs to meet the various physical, psychological, social, recreational and spiritual needs of residents. The Program and Support Services Aide will assist in monitoring the needs and progress of the residents.
Reports to: Director of Programs
- Assists in implementing the group and individual life enrichment programs such as exercise classes, crafts, social activities and outings, and sensory stimulation activities are assigned
- Assist with feeding residents as assigned
- Set up activity area as necessary
- Transport residents to and form programs and meals
- Monitor behavior and condition of residents during programs
- Reports any significant changes to the supervisor and nursing staff as required
- Participates in multi-disciplinary care conferences and other committees as required
- Maintains program and resident records according to department policy
- Reports participation of residents to registered staff regularly
- Works cooperatively with other departments to meet resident needs
- Adheres to departmental policies and procedures including, but not limited to sanitation, safety and quality assurance and infection control
- Performs other related functions as required by the supervisor
- Complies with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and any Collective Agreements
- Complies with safe work practices and guidelines
- Reports incidents/accidents immediately to supervisor
- Complies with all WSIB reporting and documenting requirements
- Cooperates with the company Return to Work Program if required
- Complies with all company Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Participates in all relevant and required in-service education
- Functions under direct supervision
- No signing authority
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 1 year progressive related experience
- 2 year diploma in Recreation and Leadership, or equivalent
- 6 months in this job to reach competency